- While using this facility, do keep it in mind that the actual pricing depends on many various factors that are impossible to include in an automated spreadsheet. So only an experienced ferry pilot will be able tocalculate these important aspects into the total ferry cost estimate.
In order to use this interactive calculator you will need the following information handy:
- Approximate total distance of your flight..
- Aircraft range (from the POH)
- Airplane usable fuel capacity (from the POH)
- Airplane average cruising speed (from the POH. Please subtract 10% from the average for climb and other delays)
- Fuel burn for each start-up and run-up (from the POH)
- Average cost of fuel (please keep in mind that most airports outside of the US charge up to 400% more for 100LL and up to 200% for Jet-A fuel, comparing to the average US aviation fuel prices. Yes, it's very rough out there!..)
- Approximate average landing fee (depending on the aircraft weight and type. Landing fees range from $25 to $250 USD)
- Approximate overnight parking fee (depends on the aircraft type and location of the airport. Please bare in mind, that some airports in Greenland and Iceland may charge up to $300 for a ramp parking in summer and up to $1000 USD for a hangared overnight parking in winter)
- Pilot rate per day (please refer to our "Pilot Rate" page for a more detailed information)
- Pilot daily lodging fees and flight to/from departure and destination airports
If you want to get a more precise quote for your project, please fill out a quote request form here.